Bay of Islands Attractions and Activities
For things to do while staying at Swiss Chalet Lodge Motel in Paihia, the many exciting attractions and activities on offer around the Bay of Islands are right at your feet. We are a booking agent for Bay of Islands’ major trips and tours and are happy to assist our guests with sightseeing advice and bookings.
The Waitangi Treaty Grounds is a unique and fascinating insight into New Zealand’s historic past.
The Waitangi Treaty Grounds are an absolute must-do when you are in the Bay of Islands – rich in history and stories of the momentous events which shaped our nation.
Actionworld - Try the flying trapeze and other adventure activities. There is no other place like this on earth! Literally!
Spend all day experiencing fun and thrilling activities: high wire, trapeze, jousting, climbing walls and more, for all ages.
From Ninety Mile Beach and Cape Reinga, to the Bay of Islands, the Hole in the Rock, Cape Brett. GreatSights has a tour for almost every occasion.
Experience the spirituality of a canoe journey and be part of an unforgettable cultural experience.
Other things to do close by
- Bay of Islands Information – A list of a wide range of activities
- Bay of Islands Kayak Cruises – enjoy the bay in your kayak
- Bay of Islands cruises, including Hole in the Rock, tall ship cruises, dolphin watching, swimming with dolphins cruises and sailing
- Exhilarating speed boat tours of the Bay of Islands
- Kayaking, safe sandy beaches, parasailing and Maori Waka canoe trips
- Catch the ferry to Russell to explore this historic village
- Paihia cafes,bars, restaurants and shops (all within 1 min walk)
- Paihia Beach day spa
- Day tours to Cape Reinga and Ninety Mile Beach (pick up daily from the motel)
- Scenic flights over North Cape and the Bay of Islands
- Waioro Adventure Park
Within 3-30 min drive
- Haruru Falls and bush walks
- Waitangi and Kerikeri golf courses
- Sky diving
- Kerikeri cafes, craft shops, wineries and galleries
- Kerikeri Mission Station and historic Stone Store
- Horse trekking
- Quad biking
- Waipoua Forest and Tane Mahuta
- Stunning golf courses
- Pristine beaches
- Puketi Forest kauri forest walks
- Magic of the Hokianga Harbour